Although we're in quarantine this Easter, we won't be hanging face masks from our mantle. Instead, we're using items we already have on hand to create something super cute, and hopefully inspire you to make something creative as well!
Easter will definitely be different this year. But it's also Lenna's first Easter, so I really don't want to let it just fall by the wayside. I want her to look back on photos and know that we made the most of it for her.
To maintain a little 'normalcy', we're planning on having a few decorations up, maybe a little Easter basket filled with treats, and we're DEFINITELY making an Easter dinner to remember. We may even dress up a little too because I've had my eye on a dress in her closet for awhile for this exact day. Be sure to follow along with us this Easter over on my Instagram!
For this project, I used card stock I had on hand, and traced out circles with a mason jar lid. I then cut them out and used a large sewing needle to poke and sew twine to create the garland itself.
A few years ago, I cut out a bunch of felt leaves for a wreath I never followed through on. I tend to start a lot of great ideas and then second guess myself before I finish them. Dane totally loves my inability to follow through with projects. HAHA! Anyway, I thought the perfect way to use up some of these were to use them for my bunny ears! I also grabbed some remnant fabric pieces from the mobile I made for Lenna's room. You'll also need 1 cotton ball per bunny, thread, scissors, and a hot glue gun.
To assemble the tail, I took the remnant fabric squares, about 3x3 in size, and bunched the perimeter onto a sewing needle. The idea is that once you go all around the edges, you create a nice little cup for the cotton ball to sit in. You then tighten the string around the cotton ball, and tie to secure it.
When choosing the colors I wanted to use for this project, I thought it would be cute to coordinate the bunny tail fabric to the ears. The pink felt I had was a deeper tone for Fall, so instead I decided to use a beige ear for my pink tails. I decided to fold and glue one ear for each bunny down so that it gave a little character. Then I glued the ears to the backside of the bunnies.
After gluing the tails on, these little cuties were ready to find their home on our mantle for a few days! And I've got to say, I'm pretty proud of this project! Especially because I used things I already had on hand. It feels like more of an accomplishment -adding an extra layer of creativeness.
I'm excited to see what you all are creating for your homes this Easter! Share your projects in the comments below or tag me in your creations over on Instagram! Thanks so much for stopping!